The next two weeks were a blur after finding out. The hardest part was figuring out who to tell or really how to not tell. First off, I was so excited I wanted to tell the world….but then I began to do a little research on miscarriages. I had no idea the likelihood of miscarriage in the first trimester is estimated by some to be a high as 15% to 20%. So with that figure in mind, we tried to keep it a secret as long as we could. We did tell my parents and my sister right away as I knew either way I would want them to know.. But let me tell you the creation of reasons for "not drinking" is hard and I am not really good at the lying part.. so most of our friends in the area figured it out pretty quickly. To me, it was almost more of a relief to have people know. I would be curious how many people actually wait to tell everyone for the full 12 weeks..
No comments:
Post a Comment