It seems as though I went from the proud pregnant person to the slightly paranoid pregnant person.. Last Wednesday night/Thursday morning, I awoke with what seemed to be horrible cramps.. but as it did not fade I got up for awhile and did a little interneter research on the internet and convinced myself it was likely just the pain of my uterus stretching and so I tried to force myself back to sleep. However, after a night of tossing and turning the pain did not seem to subside so headed off to work and then called my doctor. He advised I put a heat compress on my stomach, take a Tylenol and drink lots of water. However by 1PM they had not gone away and with the knowledge that I was headed out of town for the weekend and would not be near a doctor I put another call into the doctor to see if I might be able to come in for a quick appt that afternoon. However, much to my surprise they decided that I needed to go straight to the hospital to check if I was actually having contractions. So after 3 hours of being strapped to a machine that checked for contractions and a few calls to the my doctor, they sent me home with little more information then what I walked in with.. as they said I may bed having very mild contractions or it was just an irritation, that I should stick to a bland diet and that I should make an appt with my doctor for early next week.. However, unfortunately I was still in pain (and now with a small idea of how painful labor will be if this was mild) but am happy to report I woke up feeling 100 times better and have had no similar pains..
No comments:
Post a Comment