Wednesday, August 6, 2008

WE LOVE IOWA!!

Danny and I just returned from a great weekend in Iowa for our family reunion. From canoeing down the river, to wine night (Danny seemed to enjoy it more than me), to an exciting trap shoot (Congrats Jeff!!), to a great potluck and winding it all up with a firework show that would rival some small towns on the 4th (thanks again Matt).. we again realized how lucky we are to have such an amazing family.
But this year Pam threw a little baby shower for me and I was again amazed at the generosity of all the gifts.. but almost even more fun were the advice cards I got and thought I would put down a few highlights

1) Give them whatever they want
2) Start saving now for college (ouch!)
3) “Kids can be wild and weird sometime so be aware” from a 9 year old cousin
4) Work and cleaning can wait until tomorrow – hugs and kisses can’t ( a personal fave)
5) Dad can learn to change Diapers but Grandpas can’t

There are so many more that I will post a few more next time..

Here are few of my fave pics from the reunion!!!
































No comments: